We collect information about you in order to process your order and to tailor your visit to our website to be as relevant to you as possible. That information will only be shared with other parties that are involved in the fulfilment of your order.
The information we hold may include:
- Your name
- Phone number (for delivery issues)
- Email address
- Credit/debit card details
- Other information necessary for processing your order (we will advise you)
This data will be held in accordance with our internal security policy. If we propose to send your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) we will seek your consent first.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your agreement. You have a right to ask for a copy of the information which we are holding on you. We will delete information or correct any inaccuracies for no charge as soon as you make the request.
Data will only be released to third parties (e.g. the police) on request where there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
Cookies - what they are and how we use them:
Cookies are small text files that our website and sometimes emails place in your computer to ensure that your experience of our offerings is as effective as possible. They remember any options you have chosen for example and your password or particular interests. They also enable us to track visitors’ usage of our site so that we can continuously improve it. There’s nothing mysterious about them and they do not collect personal data.
Just like most website owners, we have always operated cookies, and visitors have had the benefit of using them. EU regulations now require us to inform you of what they are and give you the option to prohibit them if you wish.
We’re using the word ‘cookies‘ here to include things like ‘web beacons’ and ‘Flash cookies’ which serve similar functions. ‘Your computer’ includes anything connected to the internet including laptops, office machines, tablets, mobile phones and so on.
- Necessary - without these our website will not function correctly.
- Helpful - to us and to you. We monitor visitor activity on our website (without collecting any data on you) so that we can improve the site structure, page routing options and processing systems to help all visitors. These cookies also help us to guide you to pages likely to be of most interest to you.
- Personal - for your benefit. These cookies remember your password and other preferences and can allow you to link onwards to watch a video or join in an online conversation.
- Third party adverts - They do not know who you are and we don’t tell them. But they may be included on our site to invite you to follow an interest. There’s more details on these at www.youronlinechoices.eu for EU consumers and at www.aboutads.info/choices for those in the USA.
- On emails - We may use web beacons to check whether our emails are actually opened and whether any links in them are clicked on. That way we learn not to send you junk. If you choose plain text to download instead of HTML the web beacon is eliminated. And all our emails also give you a total opt-out procedure.
The above has been a simple introduction to cookies, what they are and why we use them. For more information try www.allaboutcookies.org.
Rather than listing data on all the cookies we use or may use in the future you will almost certainly find it quicker and easier to set your web browser to control cookie usage on all the sites you visit. If you have a very old browser you may need to bring it up to date to use effective cookie controls.